I still hear a lot of fear mongering about the Fukushima nuclear accident. Some call it “worse than Chernobyl”. I find no logic in that statement at all. Two and a half years later and yet not a single Fukushima power plant worker has died or is even sick!
Examples of scare mongering media manipulation headlines:
- Worse than Chernobyl: The inner threat of Fukushima crisis
- Nuclear disaster: Radiation levels at Fukushima would now be fatal within hours
- West Coast of North America to Be Hit Hard by Fukushima Radiation
- Fukushima Radiation Release Equivalent To 1,000 A-Bombs
- Fukushima leak is ‘much worse than we were led to believe’
Folks, I live in Niigata Prefecture which is the neighboring prefecture to Fukushima. If people were dying or getting sick from nuclear radiation in Fukushima, I would hear the locals talk about it. Nobody is. See Japan’s radiation disaster toll: none dead, none sick
And guess what? Even Chernobyl may not have been nearly as bad as media hype has said it to be!